DIRECT is a centre for child development. It was founded in 2002 with the aim of bringing change to the field of disabilities in India. As an institute it is known for its application of cognitive training techniques as a tool to help improve memory, attention, perception, reasoning, planning, judgment, general learning, and overall executive functioning within the pediatric population.
The organization is dedicated to improving the lives of children with challenges and their families through clinically-linked and applied pediatric rehabilitation research. The long-term hope is to bring together a transdisciplinary team of professionals who will become successful and contributing members to the future of disabilities and in the fields of diagnostics, assessments, intervention and research. The institute is the only of its kind in India that currently offers Animal Assisted Therapy, Cognitive Training, Educational Therapy, Expressive Arts Therapy and Speech Language Therapies for children between the ages of 18 months and 18 years.
A unique transdisciplinary model to provide quality child healthcare through clinically linked and applied paediatric research.
An organization dedicated to improving the health of children and to build an inclusive community where all children and youth have equal opportunities to succeed.
- The child and their therapeutic goals are of utmost importance
- The family as an integral part of a child’s life
- Professional partnerships and working in tandem
- Employing qualified personnel
- Responsibility and accountability
- Integrity and commitment to the profession
- Open and honest communication
- Participation, growth and excellence
- The equality and dignity of all people